Our Mission at VTLyme.com
- Provide Vermonters access to accurate and updated information about the diagnosis and treatment of Lyme and tick-borne diseases.
- Facilitate dialogue and collaboration between patients, medical providers, insurance companies, policy makers, the Vermont Department of Health, and other stakeholders with the goal of creating an environment where all Vermonters can access effective, evidence-based care for Lyme and tick-borne diseases.
- Educate Vermonters about the prevention of Lyme disease, and increase awareness of the wide-ranging symptoms of tick-borne illnesses.
- Encourage Vermont medical providers to gain knowledge and expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of Lyme and tick-borne diseases.
- Provide dependable support and resources for individuals and families in Vermont affected by Lyme and tick-borne diseases.
This site is created for Vermonters who are concerned about or affected by Lyme and other tick-borne diseases. It can be difficult to find accurate, unbiased information about Lyme disease diagnosis and treatment online, especially when looking for information and resources specific to Vermont.
While many Vermonters are accurately diagnosed and effectively treated for Lyme disease, there are people in Vermont who’s lives have been altered by Lyme disease. These include parents with significant neurological problems, children who are unable to attend school, employees with ongoing cognitive and memory deficits, and those misdiagnosed with another illness.
The ongoing debate about Lyme disease treatment and research does not address the experience of Vermonters who are suffering. We hope to increase collaboration between patients, medical providers, scientists, and policy makers with the goal of creating an environment where Vermont residents have access to effective treatment for tick-borne diseases.
We aim to offer unbiased and accurate news and information about Lyme and tick-borne diseases in Vermont, and local resources including support groups. Your feedback is encouraged and welcome!
The original Vermontlyme.com website was created by a dedicated Lyme advocacy group who worked tirelessly to create a better environment for physicians treating Lyme disease in Vermont , and their patients. The web domain was generously given to VTLyme to help better inform Vermonters about Lyme and tick-borne diseases in our state.
A multidisciplinary committee – including members of the Vermont Department of Health, LLMDs, MDs, researchers, and patient representatives – meeting biannually to consider new developments in the diagnosis and treatment of Lyme and tick-borne diseases.
Monthly Lyme disease support groups accessible to communities throughout Vermont.
Training for heath care providers in Vermont, to help them better understand the complexities of tick-borne disease symptoms, testing, diagnosis, and treatment.
Presentations for education and health professionals on the cognitive, behavioral and neuropsychiatric symptoms of Lyme and tick-borne diseases in children.
Equal access for all Vermonters to accurate diagnosis, effective treatment, and unbiased information about Lyme and tick-borne diseases.
If you know of anyone who would be interested in supporting this venture please contact us.